Steve's China Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A few years and many years ago

I moved to China seven years ago today. It has been quite an adventure!

I know I have not written much to my blog lately, but there's not a lot that seems new lately. We had Chinese New Year, and I stayed in Chengdu. I've been spending a lot of time getting use to my new work schedule, and spend a lot of my weekends indoors since it is still cold here.

The other day I found this article with a lot of good pictures of Chengdu and surrounding Sichuan Province that were taken back in 1909...

Chengdu and Sichuan history in photos Part 1: Sichuan 1909

I don't really recognize any of the places in any of the pictures, except one (the 9th picture down) which is a picture along the river near the giant Buddha near Leshan that I visited with my brother in June of 2010.

Some things are no longer here in Chengdu; such as the wall around the city, the Manchu area, and the Christian mission.

The most intriguing picture is the one of what looks like some Chinese playing baseball.

I'm looking forward to part 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home