Steve's China Blog

Thursday, November 06, 2008

From the Duke

"I didn’t vote for him, but he’s my president, and I hope he does a good job." -- John Wayne after learning that John F Kennedy had been elected president.

I was working at home yesterday since we finally got someone to come repair the wall in my apartment, which was damaged during the earthquake. Wednesday morning here is Tuesday night back in the US, and I was watching the election coverage on Fox News via the internet. When I saw that McCain had lost Pennsylvania and Ohio I knew he was going to lose election. I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I was going to be.

I thought McCain's concession speech was as bad as his campaign. Obama's speech was actually kind of funny... not because of what he said (he didn't really say anything, as usual), but because of the reaction of the audience there.

Obama: The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term. But America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you, we as a people will get there...
Audience: Where?
Obama: There will be setbacks and false starts...
Audience: Huh?
Obama: There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as president...
Audience: Who?
Obama: We know the government can't solve every problem...
Audience: What?! But...
Obama: But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face...
Audience: Challenges? But you...
Obama: I will listen to you, especially when we disagree...
Audience: Disagree? But you said...
Obama: Above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation...
Audience: Work?
Obama: the only way it's been done in America for 221 years...
Audience: 232 years, isn't it? Work?!
Obama: block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand.
Audience: Calloused hand, my ass! Where's my welfare check?!

Anyways, good luck Mr. President. I think you'll need it.

Here's another quote from the Duke for those who actually voted for Obama...

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
-- John Wayne (1907 - 1979)


Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are

Haha!

7 Comments:

  • Isn't JFK considered one of the best President's in American history. Good to hear you put Obama in the same context.

    By Anonymous BoB, at 11:36 PM  

  • Wrong, Bob. Don't put words in my mouth. I was just saying I didn't vote for him and I hope he does a good job. Time will tell whether he will be like JFK (one of the best presidents in American history) or like Jimmy Carter (the worst president in American history).

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 3:43 PM  

  • For those who thought Palin would actually have the intelligence beyond asparagus:

    "Fool me once shame on you---ummm eer ummmm---yeah won't get fooled again." An actual quote from George Bush.

    By Anonymous Bob, at 10:18 AM  

  • I guess bob thinks he is witty or something. Yawn

    By Anonymous Claudia, at 12:37 PM  

  • No I Think some of those who USED to be in office thought they were. And witty wasn't good enough to keep the economy out of the worst shape it has been in decades. I thought this site was about China.

    By Anonymous Bob, at 2:51 PM  

  • Wrong again Bob. President Bush is still in the White House and will be there until January 20th. The economic problems are directly tied to the democrats, not the White House. President Bush tried 11 times to get the congress to do something about Freddie and Fannie, but they did nothing. I discussed this before in a previous post titled "Almost Ready". Also, this blog is about whatever I feel like writing about. Since I am an American living in China I tend to write about things that are happening in America and China. I get enough censorship from China, and do not need yours.

    Claudia is right in that you do not come across as clever or funny. You leave comments on the blog of a complete stranger that demonstrate your anger, hatred, and fear while you parrot the typical lies and rhetoric of your political masters. It's pretty sad actually. I do hope that you can find some counseling for your emotional problems soon, but I would appreciate you finding another form of therapy that does not involved disturbing the readers of my blog. Thanks.

    By Blogger Steve Harms, at 10:33 AM  

  • Steve,

    I came across this site while searching for information on China. What I found was a person who does not work in the US and works in a country hell bent on the down fall of the US through any means necessary--especially economic. Kind of funny coming from someone who claims to be so "gung ho". It seems that the only information you have to go by is like the rest of the hate-mongers like Rush and Hannity that need serious lessons in history. To compound the problem you imply that anyone who voted for Obama is stupid. And then wonder why people get mad. Well the majority of the US disagrees with you (as well as most of the planet) and your myopic ilk. Don't worry I won't come to your site again as a reference for China. It's a shame because you do a good job of illustrating China. To bad it can't be said for the rest of your information.

    By Anonymous Bob, at 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home